A Prayer for Compassion

Photo courtesy of Church of Saint Francis Xavier

Divine Father,

We are surrounded today by stress and anxiety, not knowing when or how this isolation will end. And we feel so alone.

Compassion can atrophy without the presence of a community. Remind us, Lord, that we are all part of a larger whole and we each contribute. 
Help me to operate with honesty and integrity, thinking of others before myself. I want to be gentle with my loved ones as well as strangers. When people see me, I want Your love to shine through my surgical mask.


Caring for my neighbors and friends should be my first thought, not my last resort. 

Open my heart wide, blessed Savior.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 43:5 (KJV) Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward