A Prayer for Belief

Photo courtesy of Crosswalk.com
Abba Father,

I don't know what's going on right now, but I'm trying to keep close to You. I don't want to doubt, but I want to learn whatever it is You have for me.

It feels like my heart and my head are moving in opposite directions. My heart is full of fear, but my head remembers promises from Your Word.

I believe You. I believe in You. I know You see me and love me. Help my unbelief. I want my actions to reflect Your truth, instead of the lies Satan whispers in my ear.

When anxiety threatens to pull me under and I fear You'll stop sending blessings, that is when I need to cry out. Lifting my voice to my Savior and Friend is always the right thing to do.

Grant me a double portion of your mercy and grace, Lord; enough to get me through this rough time. 

Hear my prayer. In Jesus' name, Amen.

***

Notable Quote:

Isaiah 41:10 (KJV) Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward