The Struggle is Real

Photo courtesy of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
I'm struggling with a difficult season in my work. Usually, I am quite confident in my skills but this new challenge is really wreaking havoc with my peace of mind. Tearing up at odd times and fighting melancholy thoughts, I have been feeling sorry for myself. I feel powerless and out of control.

Notice anything missing? Yeah, me too. I haven't been asking My Best Friend for advice. I've talked to my co-workers, vented to The Hubster and shared with friends. They've all been wonderfully supportive and helpful.

It's scary to feel so very alone. Being in total control of myself and my work is something I take for granted. And I take a lot of pride in that. And that's when I knew I needed to run into the arms of Jesus and let Him take over.

The reason I feel alone is that I have isolated myself. And I am over-stressed and anxious because I chose not to pray about it. So I'm going to do what I should have done all along--spend time in prayer and seeking God's guidance in this troubled time.

It's out of my hands--and I'm so glad.

***

Notable Quote:

Isaiah 41:10 (KJV) Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward