The Graduation

Last Friday was my work bestie's last day. She has found a new position with a different company. And while I am incredibly happy for her, I will miss Tam deeply.

At the farewell party we threw for her, she said it felt like a graduation. And she's not wrong--Tam learned everything she needed to know where she was and now she's moving on.

Tam came to our company three years ago. She was very shy and quiet; a friendly soul, but timid when it came to casual conversation. Tam confided in me that she was unsure of her language skills. A first-generation American, Tam came to the United States by herself when she was 15. Through many hardships, she finished high school and got a bachelor's degree in accounting.

At her farewell luncheon, Tam greeted guest after guest with big hugs and smiles, lots of fun conversation and witty remarks. She is much more self-confident today.

Tam says that I am one of the reasons she is more confident now, but I say that she did all the hard work.

I'm just glad I got to watch a beautiful butterfly come out of her cocoon.

Farewell, darling Tam!

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 118:5-6 (KJV)  I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward