Lessons Learned from the Graduate

A flower arrangement I made for Tam. 
Last week I wrote about the departure of a co-worker and dear friend, Tam. You may have been left with the impression that she was this tiny, shy girl who needed a lot of guidance and shepherding. Oh, no. Not at all. She is one of the most powerful, influential and strong women I have ever met. And I'm so grateful for the lessons she taught me.

Tam is a thoughtful, humble and giving person. She taught me to be more generous with my words and deeds.

A lifelong learner, my friend taught me to be curious and always strive for more knowledge.

I learned to think of others first and to be grateful for what God has given.

Tam taught me to be a better listener and not be so quick to speak first.

I learned that even though I am from a culture so very different from hers, Tam was gracious and loved me with open arms and heart.

Tam taught me vital life lessons and I will forever be in her debt. Thank you, God, for this gift.

***

Notable Quote:

"Remember who you are. Don't compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth."--Lysa Terkeurst

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward