A Prayer For Courage

Photo courtesy of Crosswalk.
Precious Lord, I need to get some things done--but I'm scared. What if I fail? What if I get hurt? What if they make fun of me?

Doing things for Your Kingdom is important, but I'm not sure I can do it. I'm not a strong person, Lord. If only conditions and timing were a little bit better. Then I could go out and really do something.

I want to believe You'll be beside me every step, but I can't see You. I want to believe You can hear my prayers, but I can't hear You. 

When I spend time in prayer, You remind me of Your promises to protect me and give me strength for daily battles.

You are my courage. You are the One I trust. Doubt drifts away when I hold close to Your Word. Fear doesn't stand a chance when You are near.

Thanks, God, for baby steps forward.

In Jesus' holy name, Amen.

***

Notable Quote:

1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJV)
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward