The Bible: Read and Understood

Photo courtesy of  Pinterest
2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I read a lot of devotions. Every day, I read one from Proverbs 31 Ministries, God Calling, Chuck Swindoll, and Holley Gerth. There are also several Christian bloggers I follow weekly. The Hubster and I catch YouTube video sermons and podcasts on weekends.

My reasoning is simple: It is research for my blog. It helps me mature as a Christ Follower. I love to study the Bible.

According to God Calling, we should "discipline and perfect yourself at all costs." Perfecting yourself doesn't mean to act perfectly, but rather to make progress in a forward fashion. I want to always strive to be better than yesterday.

Whatever your area of ministry, make sure you stay in the Word. It can only help your work, and if there is ever any conflict or storm of life, you can be sure to find the resolution in God's Answer Book.

Remember, all our deeds will be used if they are meant to further the Kingdom.

***

Female in Motion's Fantastic February: There are four Mondays in February 2019 and four blog posts. That means you can follow my Facebook fan page and then like and comment on each post. When you do those three things, you'll be entered to win a $25 Cracker Barrel gift card!

***

Notable Quote:

"The only way to understand the difficult parts of the Bible is first to read and obey the easy ones."--John Ruskin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward