Summer of Psalms: Part of the Family

Wabash Depot, Chillicothe, MO. My grandfather arrived home from WWII at this station.
Psalm 68:5-6 (KJV) A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. God setteth the solitary in families: 

The Hubster, my mother and I attended a family reunion in Missouri last weekend. It's a marvelous thing to be among those who know you best. They've seen me at my worst and best and love me still.

When you become a Christ Follower, you are welcomed into the family of God. Believers are accountable to each other, and an encouragement. In my congregation, we call it "church family." We are supportive, in the good times and bad.

People begin as believers in all sorts of conditions, with many types of family situations. When you accept Christ as your Savior, God becomes your Heavenly Father and members of your congregation become brothers and sisters in Christ.

There is an old saying that you can't "pick your family," but you can bloom where the Savior plants you, and be blessed as He grows you into the family of God.

***

Notable Quote:

"Having a place to go--is a home. Having someone to love--is a family. Having both--is a blessing."--Donna Hedges

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward