Taking Control

Photo courtesy of www.pcog.org.
Philippians 4:8 (KJV) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I've always had a big imagination. Sometimes, when I'm working on something creative, my thoughts come so quickly, I have trouble sorting them out. My process is to write everything down, then sort out the good from the bad.

There are times when I try to sleep, but my thoughts race and jumble together--regrets of the day, old memories, former failures. Earlier in my life, I believed I had no choice but to relive and suffer through. That was a lie from the dark one.

The Bible is chock full of ways to handle my thought life. I love the imagery of the quote from 2 Corinthians 10:5 "...taking every thought captive."

I don't have to accept what flies through my brain. "Is it true?" I ask myself, "Is this something kind and helpful?"

How about "Has this sin already been forgiven by God?" If so, I let it go.

Taking control of my thought life is a major milestone on the road to spiritual maturity.

***

Notable Quote:

"All battles are first won or lost, in the mind."--Joan of Arc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward