Let Your Light Shine

Last week, a good woman died. Jennifer Carothers was a beautiful, vibrant 26-year-old wife and mom. Hundreds of people lined up on Saturday to pay their respects to Jen's family. Many stepped forward during the service to testify about the difference she made in their lives.

 Some talked about Jen's sense of humor, her loyalty, fierce love of family and courage. Her faith in Christ was mentioned by several others. Her husband said the light in his life was gone. This was a woman who loved life and people with wide-open arms.

She touched so many people in her short life. As busy as she was with her own stuff, Jen never failed to drop everything if someone needed help. There was no mistaking her heart and hugs. As members of the same church congregation, she gave me much-needed words of encouragement. I loved her dearly.

Matthew 5:14-16 (KJV) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.


Jen's light shone brightly here on earth, as it will in Heaven. Now we all have some work to do. I want to honor Jen by encouraging others to live their lives full-out. I want to make a difference. Let's not wait another day. Live big and love big.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: Last week was rough on several levels. I had a number of commitments that were unavoidable. My body just wasn't ready for it. God is teaching me something new. I must rest.

***

Notable Quote:

"Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It's as if they are showing you the way."--Donald Miller, spiritual author

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
I'm so sorry for yet another loss, Carol. Take care of yourself--I'll be praying for you.
Aww, you've had such a rough week. I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray you and her loved ones will know you are wrapped in God's loving arms as you grieve. I also pray you will be able to rest your body as it heals. God bless. Thanks for the beautiful post.
Thanks so much, Ginny Marie and Nancy! I am hanging in there. The prayers of dear friends help.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward