Will You Still Love Me If My House Stinks?


The Hubster celebrated his birthday on Saturday with a small party at home. It was a casual affair with just a handful of family in attendance. We ordered some food and a cake, so I didn't spend the day working in the kitchen. Instead, I spent the day obsessing over cleaning the house. Ugh!

I'm a Christ-Follower, but I'm far from perfect. That means that I have succeeded in some personal struggles and miserably failed in others. I care a lot about how others perceive me and my home, which is a reflection of me. Will it look nice, will they have a good time...am I good enough? Ouch, that's the sore spot.

It shouldn't matter to me whether others care or not. I don't have to be the best. Besides, family has to love you, regardless of how stinky your house is! Where does this Martha Mentality come from?

Luke 10:38-42 (KJV)
38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.


That goes right back to works vs. faith. There's nothing I can do to earn my way to heaven. I want to be accepted. When I gave my heart to Him, I was accepted. Everyone wants to sit at the cool table at school. In heaven, everyone sits at the same table. Guess Who you get to set beside?

***

Momala's Book Club Pick: I'm reading the memoir of a friend and Cowley County Writers Guild member. Dr. Steve Swaim, D.V.M., wrote a warm, humorous collection of memories in "I Wanna See a Veterinarian." If you're an animal lover, you'll love this book! Available on Amazon.com for $17.95, paperback. Four out of five stars.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did one disco aerobic workout and jogged one mile per day for four days. Not too shabby!

***

Notable Quote:

"You sometimes see a woman who would have made a Joan of Arc in another century and climate, threshing herself to pieces over all the mean worry of housekeeping."--Rudyard Kipling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward