Never Forget


Yesterday was the tenth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on America. The Hubster and I were in Dallas, visiting our kids. In some ways, it seems like 9/11 was a long time ago, and in other ways, the pain feels fresh.

Ten years ago, it was an ordinary day. I had just returned from a workout at Curves and showered. My daughters were at school. The Hubster was at work. I turned on the TV to catch the news while I brushed my teeth...and the world stopped.

I was surprised to hear President Obama quote Psalm 46 in his speech at Ground Zero yesterday. It has always been one of my favorite scriptures and I turn to it often for comfort.

Psalm 46:1-3 (KJV)
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.


The United States has changed because of what happened. We no longer live in a happy, safe bubble. We are vulnerable. Since we can no longer count on our own strength, we have to look to the One who is stronger. God is our strength. Selah.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did two disco aerobic workouts and jogged three miles last week. Even though we ate out every meal this weekend in Dallas, I was able to lose another pound. Must have been all that walking around the huge hotel.

***

Notable Quote:


"We are sad, Father. For as the innocent are buried, our innocence is buried as well. We thought we were safe. Perhaps we should have known better. But we didn’t.
And so we come to you. We don’t ask you for help; we beg you for it. We don’t request it; we implore it. We know what you can do. We’ve read the accounts. We’ve pondered the stories and now we plead, 'Do it again, Lord. Do it again.'"--from the prayer, "Do It Again, Lord," by Max Lucado

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward