Suspicious Child

Photo courtesy of Central Penn Parent.

Psalm 61:1-2 (KJV) Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Last week, I felt led to meditate and write on the subject of anxiety. While I prayed and put my thoughts together, I had no idea that someone else was doing the same thing…it was The Hubster.

When I arrived at church on Sunday morning, my favorite Sunday School teacher was speaking incredible truths from God on fighting anxiety and putting all our trust in Him. Man, it was good.

The Hubster really made me think when he asked the class if their children trusted them. “Is your child suspicious when you ask them to hop in the car? Do they ask why and where are we going? No, your children trust that you are taking them somewhere nice and that they will be safe with you.”

Imagine if we had to drag our children kicking and screaming through life? Now, put your relationship with Christ in there. Do you trust Him? Do you protest and whine and drag your feet when there is something God wants you to do?

Think about it. As a child of God, our Heavenly Father wants the very best for our lives. Why does He have to force us every step of the way?

Satan takes advantage of our human fears and frailties to prevent us from having full fellowship with our precious Savior. Don’t give him the satisfaction—trust God!

Imagine the change in our lives, if we could simply set aside anxiety and allow Jesus to lead us, as He should. We could be...unstoppable.

What would your life look like?


***

Notable Quote:

"If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today."--E. Joseph Cossman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward