A Second Look: Mental Tug of War

Photo courtesy of Wag!
(This post debuted on May 1, 2017.)

One of the major issues I struggle with is worry. It's pretty common today, especially for women. We worry and stew and let it affect our sleep, relationships, and faith walk.

Let's face it...it's sin.

When we don't trust God enough to do His job, or when we take His job away and try to do it ourselves, it is a recipe for disaster.

I have found four steps that help me break the cycle. Now if I can just use them consistently.

1. Recognize the thought--If it is negative and against Scripture, it must be from the devil. And he's a big, fat liar.

2. Rebuke the sin--Just because it flits through our brain, we don't have to accept and absorb it as truth. Tell that sucker to take a hike!

3. Request forgiveness from God--A simple prayer of true repentance will bring peace to your heart.

4. Resolve to be vigilant against repeats--Build in positive thoughts, encouraging verse and phrases. Leave no room for the bad stuff.

Allow God to do His best--in His own good time. 

***

Notable Quote:

Daniel 10:19 (KJV) And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward