Why Do You Go To Church?






Psalm 26:8 (KJV) LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

When people ask why I attend church, it's an easy answer. I'm selfish. I always get back more than I give.

In exchange for my couple of hours per week, I get:

  • Encouragement
  • A better week
  • A loving support system in hard times
  • Like-minded friends
  • Education for myself and my family
  • Blessings from God
Some people like football, hunting, fishing, NASCAR, antiques or pottery, but I love hanging around God's people. Are you investing your time in something eternal?

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I'm working on packing daily healthy breakfasts and lunches and spending quality time with The Hubster. He's worth it, and so am I.

***

Notable Quote:

 The church is not a dormitory for sleepers, it is an institution for workers; it is not a rest camp, it is a front line trench.--Billy Sunday

Comments

Have you tried a quiche for breakfast on busy mornings?

I go to church to find guidance for the week. Some Sundays I get enough inspiration to last me all week other times I just keep the seat warm.
I love eggs, so quiche sounds perfect. Thanks! I feel the same way about church, Sharon. Some days I'm there in body alone, but I love the days I'm there completely. Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward