Hope in Him

Three of my favorite verses on hope are contained in the third chapter of Lamentations. Wait a minute, Female in Motion! Isn't Lamentations about sorrow and sadness? Sure, friend, but what is God's answer? Hope in Him.

Lamentations 3:21 (KJV) This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.


Short and to the point. When I remember what God has done for me, it gives me hope for the future. When times of adversity flow over me like water, I know that my Father's sheltering hand will protect me. It is when I am at my lowest, that I remember His height, and at my smallest, I know He is larger than any problem.

Lamentations 3:26 (KJV) It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.


Quietly waiting is not one of my strong suits, but I will sing praises to Him, and read the Word, and pray for a clear sign, so when God's timing is right, I will understand and be ready.

Lamentations 3:24 (KJV) The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.


Give me Jesus...that's all I need. When all things are taken away from me, if I have God, I lack nothing. He is hope. Hope in Him.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I did a lot of walking last week, but no real exercise. I'm hoping to change that this week. Work is piling up this week, and I don't want that to be my excuse. My next checkup at Cancer Treatment Centers of America is Monday June 16th. Pray for clear scans, friends!

***

Notable Quote:

"Give me the love that leads the way, the faith that nothing can dismay, the hope no disappointments tire, the passion that will burn like fire; Let me not sink to be a clod: Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God."--Amy Carmichael, missionary to India

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward