Growing Pains


Philippians 1:6 (KJV)
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:


I have a unique voice. No, I'm not talking about how I talk...I'm talking about how I write. Since beginning this blog in August 2007, God has been talking to me about what I write. Okay, not out loud. I'm saying that God has been speaking to my heart with His heart.

He's been placing words on my heart that I need to write, to share with all of you. Not because I'm special; because I'm not special. I'm just like you. I don't have all the answers. Probably never will. But I have a responsibility to share these words with you; to be obedient to my Savior. That's all He asks. Obedience.

So what? What does that have to do with you? Well, maybe your thing isn't writing. Whatever your talent is, God has a plan for you. He has a plan for all of us, right where we are. Too young, too old, too busy, not ready? I don't think so, and neither does God.

When I was a teenager, I would wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramps. My mom said they were "growing pains." Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night now, only the growing pains aren't in my legs any more, they're in my heart and in my soul. God is doing a work in me and He's not done yet. I'm excited to see what happens next, how about you?

Scared? You bet! But if I didn't follow Him, what would I be missing? Let the adventure begin! Holding on to God's Hand, I'm safe.

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.


***

Happy Mother's Day! It's coming up this Sunday, so don't forget.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update:
I got back to my regular routine with three aerobic workouts last week. Wow, that feels better! I also took some exercise DVD's over to my mom and she picked out some she'd like to try. Another Iron Woman is born!

***

Notable Quote:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."--Robert Byrne, American author

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward